Mordor Gamma

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mordor Gamma

Nobody likes us... We don't care

Once signed up please contact Big Jeff or Mrg666 so you can be place in the ideal group.

+2
pscashflow
mrg666a
6 posters

Rapid strike teams

mrg666a
    mrg666a
    Admin

Rapid strike teams Empty Rapid strike teams

Post by mrg666a Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 am

im thinking of developing some rapid hit teams possibly 2 to stat with. We need Commanders with experience for this and a high level of activity. These can operate outside the Horde system and it's up to the commanders who will go on these missions. They will operate strictly via pm no board talk until after the hits .

So i am asking you guys as leadership if you have any ideas first thought of mine is a thread that lets people apply but you could well have different ideas about that, and we still have some suspected trust issues so please lets discuss below id like to see this in operation by next week, see if we can make it work.
    Thanks in advance for all input
    clown
    pscashflow

Rapid strike teams Empty Re: Rapid strike teams

Post by pscashflow Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:10 am

I think it is a great idea in theory and maybe something that we should start working on as we all know who the more active members could be. It also makes sense to have people grouped to respond quickly so that Mordor does not look like a farm guild. A more detailed response; however, would be that we have more to do than just that. I think its getting close/past the time to have people appointed to positions of responsibility so that we can move Mordor forward. From what I see this server is secondary to most that already play on another server, and I don't think there is any single one of us on enough to really make the right difference. As a result we need to figure out how to get vets more involved, and I think we do that by giving them specific areas of responsibility. We need to get some guide lines out for:

1) Defense Minimums
    2) Growth Guides
    3) Fleet Goals

My concern is that I have got a few pm's from people who (to put it nicely) are "frustrated" and considering leaving, and frankly some of LOG that is hitting us (Jordache, others) were former Mordor that left us also. Although people don't like a dictatorship, I think they want some more structure than what we have currently.
    These rapid hit teams may be a start in the right direction.............maybe we can at least get a few actives to stand together and get us off the "farm list".
    ...............But again, we need much more.

cash
    mrg666a
    mrg666a
    Admin

Post by mrg666a Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 am

thanks
    thats exactly why i put it here to get your feelings on the matter
    you all have full power to implement what you want i only ask that i be kept informed of the state of play
    i agree we need a solid base and make full use of the vets we have here
    regards def again yes its about time we can more or less say that any base now should have rings within 100 econ
    maybe a couple more weeks i know i started some bases at 110 ish econ
    but yes lets get something implemented
    some people wont ever bother with def and cant understand why they repeatedly are being hit and to boot expect their mates to aid them
    im not naive enough to think a guild runs itself all the guys who can read this are fully empowered to make changes
    All i do ask is that anything announced to be done is done in a nice way once it is established that some people wont / dont respond then get heavy
    example the registration here was pitifull as soon as i announced that people would potentially be kicked i had lots of pm's telling me they had joined
    we can use this section to talk about things that require changing altering ?
    its better than pm's as long as we are all active here
    Arctic

Post by Arctic Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:03 am

on Alpha im going to war soon so thats gonna take alot of activity from Gamma for well dunno how long.
    I think we need to make a list of people we trust and dont trust to make sure these quick attacks dont leak.
    This way we know who to PM. ofcourse this list will be kept internal in the leadership
    TheBrownestGuy
    TheBrownestGuy

Post by TheBrownestGuy Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:11 pm

I think we definitely need an organized group within G26 prepared to make strikes. We need to have all hours of the day covered by somebody in G26. Also now that we have a fairly good JG network in G26 we may be able to break it down by Quadrants. I know i have been watching the SE corner of G26 because that's the JG i use and land on.

My list of most trustworthy would be fairly short, but i like it that way.

Stimorol
    Defiant
    Pscashflow
    Mrg666
    (AstroKen) he is somewhat inactive lately, but i brought him over because he is in my Ceti guild and is a good guy.

Sorry if i have left anybody out.
    Demonic Raziel

Post by Demonic Raziel Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 am

You left me out of that one.
    But the strike teams will be a good idea, so now we need to look at our members and sort out a leader and members for their team.

Once we appoint a leader we should allow the leader to pick his group and allow people to apply for their group.
    mrg666a
    mrg666a
    Admin

Post by mrg666a Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:30 am

ok i think we found our first guy please reply with your thoughts

zajad initially was not trusted by some but he as repeatedly shown his dedication in hitting fleets when the odds are overwhelmingly against him and he doesnt care who it is
    his activity is high to boot
    so to re cap
    the commander chooses who will strike from who is online that day or time
    he establishes everything via pm no board talk till after the hit
    when we have regular teams chances are that a high % are offline or afk

again thoughts please if everyone is happy i will approach him
    i have talked of this with Stimorol prior to posting
    Rapid strike teams OopsidentProtocol-Spies1
    the text needs deleting and making leadership

Last edited by mrg666a on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:03 am; edited 3 times in total
    Stimorol

Post by Stimorol Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:36 am

zajac has proven to be an excellent player, i support the idea of him as a group leader
    pscashflow

Post by pscashflow Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:40 am

I'd be interested to hear what Brownest Guy has to say about this as I think he shares my opinion on this. First (as I don't want to appear negative just honest) Zags is extremely active and always sticks his fleet into any mission we have, so in those terms I couldn't say anything better about him. What concerns me though is that he is extremist in that he just dives in at all costs and makes unprofitable hits just to smash fleet, which isn't our goal. Brown and I have seen on AT LEAST 4 or 5 times (just since the start of this server) where he has been advised to pull back as we have lost the advantage on instead he chose to just smash the pile and give away derbs............at times taking huge losses. I guess its all about what we want here. If we want a guy to lead a team to be active and just smash someone in the mouth to show that we won't just "take it", then he is probably your man. If we want to make "smart" return hits that actually make a profit, then he is not. Don't get me wrong, his activity is great and I am not trying to be Mr. Negative here, but anybody can smash their fleet into someone else and "look" like a good player, but a good player will know he is not really that if you look closely. I thought it was just me, but Brown and I were talking and he pointed out the same thing before I had even mentioned it to him.
    pscashflow

Post by pscashflow Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:44 am

And as an add-on, if we are going to entrust someone with managing guild fleet it should be someone who will do right by his followers fleet, not suicide it. Actually, I think Brown would be great for that job as he is always talking about tech and ratios before a hit, but he may not want the job.
    mrg666a
    mrg666a
    Admin

Post by mrg666a Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:28 am

I don't see anything as negative, that's why this section is here to discuss everyone as an opinion and we make our decisions based on all input. Its good you have an opinion and that you are willing to express it .
    id like to think that in a situation that was suicidal our guys would use common sense
    zaj seems to be on the ball and willing to do whats needed
    brownest guy i also think would be perfect for the job maybe bg runs it with zaj as num 2 then we play it by ear and possibly zaj steps up in time
    or zaj and bg take it on and we see how zaj goes that way we have 2 time zones coverd
    what you think

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content